Assoc. prof. Ing. Milan Tyšler, PhD.
- born: on September 2, 1951 in Prague, Czech Republic
- citizenship: Slovak Republic
- nationality: slovak
- marital status: married (1980), wife Maria, children: Miroslav (1981), Eva and Iveta (1983)
- languages: english, russian, german, czech
Education and qualification
- 1957-1966 Basic school, Bratislava.
- 1966-1969 High school, Bratislava, leaving certificate
- 1969-1974 Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Slovak Technical University, Bratislava, computer science, Ing. (M.S.)
- 1974-1978 Institute of Measurement Science, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Bratislava, study stay
- 1978-1982 Institute of Measurement Science, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Bratislava, PhD study, CSc. (PhD.)
- 1986 Independent researcher
- 1997 Senior researcher
- 2006 Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Technical University Košice, Dept. of Instrumentation and Biomedical Engineering, lecturer (Assoc.prof.)
Affiliation and functions
- 1981-(continues) Institute of Measurement Science SAS
- 1985-1989, 1991-2021 Head of the Department of Biomeasurements
- 1993-1998, 2001-2005 Chairman of the Scientific Council
- 1994-1998, 2002-2006 Deputy director
- 2006-2018 Director
- 2019- Scientific secretary
- 1988-1989 School of Medicine, Comenius University in Bratislava
- 1989-1993 Faculty of Electrical Engineering, STU in Bratislava
- 1989-1996 Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, STU in Bratislava
- 1997-2019 Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, TU Košice, Department of Instrumental and Biomedical Engineering
- 2005-2021 Czech Technical University in Prague, Faculty of Biomedical Engineering in Kladno, Czech Republic, Assoc.prof.
- 2007-2019 Faculty of Electrical Engineering, University of Zilina, preparation of excursions
- 1989-1991 Project ELMAKART, contract with IITP RAS in Moscow, Russia
- 1994-1996 Project ABLAMAP, contract with L.Boltzmann Institut für Arrhytmienforschung, Wien, Austria
- 1996-2013 International cooperation on the topic "Noninvasive measurement and information analysis of bioelectric signals" with IITP RAS in Moscow, Russia
- 1997-1998 Grant "Oberflächen – EKG – Mapping in der klinischen Physiologie des Herzens" with L.Boltzmann Institut für Arhytmienforschung, Wien in the frame of Austria-Slovakia cooperation
- 2004-2006 Polish-slovak research project "Analysis and Modelling of Cardiac Electric Field based on HR ECG Body Surface Mapping", IBIB PAV, Warsawa, Poland
- 2006-2011 Cooperation in education and research in biomedical engineering with Faculty of Biomedical Engineering CTU in Prague, Kladno
- 2007-2009 Polish-slovak research project "High Resolution Measurement and Model Based Analysis of Cardiac Electric Field", IBIB PAV, Warsawa, Poland
- 2010-2012 Project "Model based analysis and diagnostic interpretation of cardiac electric field measured by HR ECG" with Institute of Biocybernetics and Biomedical Engineering (IBBE PAS), Warszaw, Poland (continuation of the projects from years 2004-06, 2007-09)
- 2010-2012 Project "Measurement and Information Processing for Diagnosic Imaging of Cardiac and Brain Electrical Field" with Resaerch Inst. for Technical Physics and Material Science (MFA HAS) Budapest, Hungary ((continuation of the projects from years 2000-03, 2004-06, 2007-09)
- 2011 Project "centrope-tt – Tools for Transnational Innovation Support in Centrope" with JIC Brno and ChipInvest a.s., Brno, Czech Republic
- 2011 Topic "Improvement and development of HR ECG measurement processing and evaluation methods" in project TÁMOP-4.2.2-08/1/2008-0018 with University of Panonia, Veszprém, Hungary
- 2011-2013 Project CZ.1.07/2.3.00/20.0093 (OP Education for competitivness) at the Faculty of Biomedical Engineering CTU in Prague, foreign expert.
- 2013-2015 Project "High Resolution Multiple-lead ECG measurement for model based interpretation of cardiac electrical field", Polish-Slovak joint research project, IBIB PAV, Warsaw, Poland
- 2021-2024 Project "Smart Patch for Life Support Systems – SP4LIFE", NATO Science for Peace and Security Program, project G5825, NATO project Director
Supervised national projects
- 1988-1989 Project Chiramap, contract with Chiranou Stará Turá company
- 1995-1997 Science&technology project 95/5305/469 "Measuring devices and methods for clinical electrocardiology, metrology of medical devices"
- 1997 Grant od the Scientific Grant Agency "Methods for multichannel measurement and identification of the sources of bioelectric fields"
- 1998-2000 Science&technology grant "Electronic devices and systems for measurement and monitoring of selected effexts and parameters of the environment"
- 1998-2000 Grant od the Scientific Grant Agency 2/5089/98 "Methods of measurement and noninvasive localization of arrhythmogenic sources in the heart"
- 2001-2003 Grant od the Scientific Grant Agency 2/1135/21 "Multichannel measurement and analysis of low-level bioelectric signals"
- 2002-2003 Gant of the Ministry of education and SAS for cooperation with industry 51-51-9014-00/2002 "Modular measuring devices for biophysical examination working in local network"
- 2002-2005 Gant of the Agency for Science and Technology 51-017802 "New methods and devices for pulmonary, haepatal and gastrointestinal nonivasive diagnostics"
- 2004-2006 Grant of the VEGA agency 2/4089/24 "Evaluation of heart repolarization changes using miltichannel ECG measurements"
- 2007-2009 Grant of the VEGA agency 2/7092/27 "Measurement and model/based analysis of bioelectric fields"
- 2010-2012 Grant of the VEGA agency 2/0210/10 "Methods and systems for multichannel measurement and evaluation of bioelectric signals of the heart and brain
- 2011-2014 Grant of the Agency for Science and Technology APVV-0513-10 "CARDINFO – Measuring, communication and information systems for monitoring of cardiovascular risc in hypertension patients"
- 2013-2015 Grant of the VEGA agency 2/0131/13 "Methods and systems for measurement, displaying and evaluation of cardiac electrical field in hypertension and hypertrophy"
- 2015-2018 Grant of the Agency for Science and Technology APVV-14-0875 "Noninvasive localization of ectopic arrhythmias of heart ventricles using ECG mapping and its use for causal therapy ", LoRyCard
- 2020-2023 Grant of the Agency for Science and Technology APVV-19-0531 "Personalized optimization of cardiac resynchronization therapy in heart failure based on multiple lead ECG measurement", ReSynCard"
Membership in scientific and engineering societes
- 1994- International Federation for Medical and Biological Engineering
- 1995- IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society
- 1996- International Society of Electrocardiology, member of the International Council of Electrocardiology (2000-2020), Scientific Secretary (2014-2019) 1996- Slovak Society of Biomedical Engineering and Medical Informatics, Slovak Medical Association, scientific secretary (1997-2008), president (2008-2020)
- 1997- International Measurement Confederation IMEKO,Slovak committee TC-13 Measurement in medicine and biology, chairman (1997-2015)
- 1998- IEEE Instrumentation and Measurement Society
- 1998- Slovak Metrological Society
- 2004 Slovak Society of Cardiology
Other selected memberships
- 1996-1999 Scientific Collegium of the Slovak Academy of Sciences for Electronics and Cybernetics/li>
- 1998-2002 Council of Scientists of the Slovak Academy of Sciences, committee member
- 1999- Scientific Collegium of the Slovak Academy of Sciences for Electronics, Material Research and Ttechnologies
- 1999-2005 Commision of VEGA (the Scientific Grant Agency of the Ministry of education and SAS) for Electronics and Informatics
- 2001 Editorial board of the journal Measurement Science Review
- 2005- Slovak Academy of Sciences Assembly
- 2007-2018 Scientific board of the Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Informatics, STU in Bratislava
- 2007-2018 Scientific board of the Slovak Institute of Metrology, Bratislava
- 2008-2020 Scientific board of the Faculty of Biomedical Engineering, CTU in Prague, Kladno
- 2009- Editorial board of the journal Metrology and Testing
- 2012-2014 Working group for information and communication technologies of the Slovak Ministry for Education, Science and Sports
- 2014-2018 Board for technical sciences, Agency for Science and Technology
- 2014- SAIA Selection Board of the National Stipendium Program of the Slovak Ministry for Education, Science and Sports
- 2021- VEGA Commision No.5 for Electronics, Automation and Control Systems and elektrotechniku, automatizáciu a riadiace systémy a related information and communication technology sections
- 1987 Exemplary SAS employee
- 1988 Honorable mention of the Czechoslovak Academy of Sciences and the Slovak Academy of Sciences in the competition of high-tech devices for the Kardiomat device
- 1995 Award by the Society of Biomedical Engineering SLS for publications in the journal Lékař a technika
- 2011 Aurel Stodola honorary plaque of the SAS for merits in technical sciences (15.12.2011)
- 2021 Medal of the Slovak Academy of Sciences for the support of science (12.11.2021)