Researcher in the field of biomeasurements
Researcher / independent researcher for the Department of Biomeasurements, IMS SAS. Specialization in the field of measurement and imaging methods for medicine, biosignal processing and computer modeling of the function of selected biological objects, especially the heart. Research into the possibilities of using new measurement methods for non-invasive determination of the functional state of the heart. Development of software applications for experimental verification of proposed methods. We require the ability to solve scientific tasks independently. Experience working with the Matlab and / or Comsol programming environment is welcome. We offer work on interesting issues, creative work environment, cooperation on scientific projects with medical institutions and with foreign partners, flexible working hours, opportunities for professional growth and good financial evaluation (depending on the quality of the applicant and the solved projects).
100% full time
Institute of Measurement SCience of the Slovak Academy of Sciences, Dubravská cesta 9, 841 04 Bratislava, Slovakia http://www.um.sav.sk/en/
Salary classification according to the salary scales of research employees performing work in the public interest in accordance with Government Regulation 388/2018 and Act 553/2003, which establishes catalogs of work activities, as amended effective from 1 January 2019. Personal allowances according to the quality of the applicant and participation in solving scientific projects of the department.
Professional requirements for the applicant:
• completed university education II. respectively. III. degree (PhD.) in the relevant field of study biomedical engineering, biophysics, electrical engineering, measurement technology, mathematics, physics, resp. informatics at FMFI UK, FEI STU, FEIT UNIZA, resp. equivalent,
• independent solution of tasks in the field of biosignal processing and computer modeling,
• ability to independently formulate scientific problems and active participation in the preparation and solution of domestic and foreign scientific projects and obtaining funding to support research.
• ability to publish the results of scientific research activities in leading international scientific journals and conferences in the field of analysis of biosignals and measurement sciences,
• part of the work will be the management of bachelor’s, master’s and dissertation theses as well as cooperation with scientists from various disciplines.
Deadline for submission of applications:
continuously (until 30.9.2019)
According to the agreement.
For the selection procedure it is necessary to send:
• application for employment (stating consent to the processing of your personal data)
• prove integrity, in accordance with 552/2003 Coll., Paragraph 3 paragraph 1, point b and paragraph 4, by an extract from the criminal record, not older than 3 months,
• professional CV with an overview of professional experience and a list of publications,
• a letter of motivation describing the candidate’s research interests, qualifications and justification as to why he would be a suitable candidate,
• possibly 2-3 references.
• Secretariat of the Director, Institute of Measurement Science of the Slovak Academy of Sciences, Dubravska cesta 9, 84104 Bratislava, Slovakia, phone +421-2-5910 4511, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Doc. Ing. Milan Tyšler, CSc., phone +421-2-5910 4550, e-mail: email@example.com
• Ing. Švehlíková, PhD., phone +421-2-5910 4556, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org