Researcher in the field of analysis of measurement results
Researcher / independent researcher for the Department of Theoretical Methods of IM SAS. Specialization in the field of applied mathematics, mathematical statistics and machine learning, resp. in computer science or related fields. Knowledge of measurement sciences, big data analysis, linear and nonlinear statistical methods and models, multidimensional data analysis, kernel & deep learning, or complexity analysis and causal relationships in nonlinear time series is an advantage. We require good programming skills (MATLAB, R, Python, etc.). Experience with statistical software is an advantage. We require the ability to independently solve scientific problems, mathematical modeling and statistical data analysis. Experience and qualifications according to the above criteria will be preferred. We offer work on interesting issues, creative work environment, opportunities for professional growth and good financial evaluation (depending on the quality of the applicant and the solved projects).
Employment relationship specification:
100% full time
Institute of Measurement SCience of the Slovak Academy of Sciences, Dubravská cesta 9, 841 04 Bratislava, Slovakia http://www.um.sav.sk/en/
Salary classification according to the salary scales of research employees performing work in the public interest in accordance with Government Regulation 388/2018 and Act 553/2003, which establishes catalogs of work activities, as amended effective from 1 January 2019. Personal allowances according to the quality of the applicant and participation in solving scientific projects of the department.
Professional requirements for the applicant:
• completed university education III. degree (PhD.) in the relevant field of study at FMFI UK, FEI STU, FIIT STU resp. equivalent (electrical engineering, mathematics, physics, informatics),
• independent solution of tasks in the field of mathematical-statistical modeling and analysis of measurement results,
• ability to independently formulate scientific problems and active participation in the preparation and solution of domestic and foreign scientific projects and obtaining funding to support research.
• ability to publish the results of scientific research activities in leading international scientific journals and conferences in the field of data analysis and measurement sciences (data science, measurement science),
• part of the work will be the management of bachelor’s, master’s and dissertation theses as well as cooperation with scientists from various disciplines.
Deadline for submission of applications:
continuously (until 30.9.2019)
According to the agreement.
For the selection procedure it is necessary to send:
• application for employment (stating consent to the processing of your personal data)
• prove integrity, in accordance with 552/2003 Coll., Paragraph 3 paragraph 1, point b and paragraph 4, by an extract from the criminal record, not older than 3 months,
• professional CV with an overview of professional experience and a list of publications,
• a letter of motivation describing the candidate’s research interests, qualifications and justification as to why he would be a suitable candidate,
• possibly 2-3 references.
• Secretariat of the Director, Institute of Measurement Science of the Slovak Academy of Sciences, Dubravska cesta 9, 84104 Bratislava, Slovakia, phone +421-2-5910 4511, e-mail: email@example.com
• RNDr. Anna Krakovská, CSc., email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Mgr. Ing. Roman Rosipal, PhD, email: email@example.com